The unit is led by a Head of Sanitation. Any willing, lowly minded individual can be a member of this department.
FUNCTIONS OF THE SANITATION UNIT
1. Ensuring that the premises of the church or venue of church event are clean, neat and tidy before, during and after the event.
2. Ensuring a proper disposal of wastes at designated places after thorough cleaning
3. Regularly organise, maintain and enforce the observation of sanitation regulations in the church.
4. Regularly clean the toilets, bathrooms, offices and other places frequently used in the church
5. Occasionally collaborate with the ushers to arrange the seats and furniture at the venue of church events.
For the Lord thy God walketh in the midst of thy camp, to deliver thee, and to give up thine enemies before thee; therefore shall thy camp be holy.
1. HUMBLE: Indeed, the individual who will work in the Sanitation unit must be a quiet, humble and caring individual who does not work to be noticed.
2. NOT EASILY NAUSEATED: Different types of rubbish and wastes are found at venues of church events – including the toilets. To be able to clean these, one must have the right psychological state of mind without being sickened with the job.
3. HYGIENIC: It is important to be hygienically minded in the spirit of the job for personal safety and health.
4. READY TO WORK UNNOTICED: The duties of a sanitation team do not usually attract celebrations, accolades and instant praises the way some are wont to be. This unit is not for those who like to be in the limelight for the smallest opportunity and be praised for the smallest effort.