FUNCTIONS OF THE WELFARE DEPARTMENT
1. Organises for funds and other resources to meet the need of people within the church
2. Specifically identify individuals who need material assistance and organise to meet their needs
3. Give support to the Pastorate to assist the poor, widows and the needy within the church.
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
1. GENEROSITY: One must have a large heart and ready to give to assist others.
2. LOVE FOR OTHERS: One must also be the type that loves others and willing to help them.
3. SENSE OF CONCERN: Without a sense of concern for others, one cannot make a head way in this department.
4. CONFIDENTIALITY: A worker in this unit must be ready to keep official information about others confidential as he will be getting privileged information by virtue of his duties.