FUNCTIONS OF THE PRAYER BAND DEPARTMENT
1. Praying constantly for the church
2. Voluntarily and personally waiting on God with self denial e.g. fasting to seek God’s face
3. Standing in the gap for individual members of the church who are facing challenges.
4. Anchoring prayer sections before and during services/special programmes
5. Providing regular reports of the activities of the department to the Pastorate.
6. Ensuring that the prevailing spiritual fire on the altar does not recede.
Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving.
1. PASSION FOR PRAYER: The essence of praying for the church is because of the love for the church. Without a passion for the work of God and a concern for the church members, one cannot be a prayer warrior.
2. AVAILABILITY: As stated earlier, one needs the time to be available to join others to pray at agreed periods of time.
3. HOLY AND RIGHTEOUS LIVING: This is necessary, so as to protect one’s self from reprisal attacks of enemies whom the group constantly attacks as they stand in the gap for the people of God.
4. LOVE FOR PRIVACY: An intending prayer warrior should be ready to work behind the scenes, in the background – not being seen or heard during an on-going service. Members of the Prayer Band usually confine themselves to an isolated place to keep away from distractions during big church events. This is so as to stand in the gap and gain maximum success for the event.
5. A prayer warrior must be fearless with a dogged fighting spirit, not easily giving up and discouraged in the place of prayer because prayer is warfare.